VITEK® MS Accessories/Reagents
Accessories and reagents for VITEK® MS microbial ID system
Ready-to-use and light-stable reagents and accessories for safe, easy use with VITEK® MS mass spectrometry microbial identification instrument
- Reagent kits contain all reagents needed for ID testing
- No extra reagent preparation time required
- Target slides are barcoded for complete traceability of samples
- Safe disposal and no time-consuming cleaning
Do you need more information
The VITEK® MS microbial identification system uses innovative MALDI-TOF (Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Time-of-Flight) mass spectrometry technology to provide reliable, clear identification in just minutes. Maximize efficiency by using quality reagents and accessories made especially for use with it.
Ready-to-use reagents and complete reagent kits
The VITEK MS comes with ready-to-use, light stable matrix solution (CHCA) to save you time on reagent preparation. Formic Acid (FA) needed for yeast and fungi is already allocated in small vials ready for use on VITEK® MS disposable target slides.
- Optimize workflow and overall laboratory efficiency
- No extra reagent preparation needed
- CHCA matrix and FA are placed directly on the target slide
The VITEK® MS Reagent kits contain reagents and disposables designed for use with the VITEK® MS system.
- VITEK® MS Blood Culture Kit (RUO): Used for rapid and reliable identification of microorganisms from
- NEW Mycobacterium/ Nocardia and Mould Reagent Kits
- The VITEK® MS Mycobacterium/ Nocardia and Mould reagent kits contain all reagents necessary for simple inactivation and extraction for identification of these organisms on the VITEK®MS. A patented mould protocol and patent pending mycobacteria protocol from solid medium allows, easy quick and safe sample preparation.
Disposable target slides
Each VITEK® MS disposable target slide has a unique barcode to ensure clear traceability, flexibility and greater confidence with no manual data entry.
- No cleaning required: eliminates possible contamination that could lead to erroneous results or safety issues
- Each slide comes with three sections of 16 (48 samples) enabling the flexibility of small or large sample run sizes
- Up to 4 target slides (192 samples) can be run on the instrument at one time
VITEK® MS V1 Publications
VITEK® MS V2 Publications
VITEK® MS RUO Publications