NUCLISENS® MINIMAG® is the straightforward answer for manual nucleic acid extraction
- Compact unit (43.8 x 11.4 x 15.3 cm’s) can fit on benchtop or in hood
- Leverages bioMérieux expertise of gold standard BOOM technology
- Generic extraction of DNA & RNA from a variety of specimen types and volumes simultaneously
Do you need more information
NUCLISENS® MINIMAG® instrument is the NUCLISENS® family’s compact manual solution for premium quality total nucleic acid extraction. Both efficient and convenient, it uses the enhanced magnetic silica version of BOOM technology, a gold standard for universal extraction of RNA and DNA.
BOOM technology, first patented by bioMérieux, is a gold standard for the universal extraction of RNA and DNA. Based on the ability of silica to bind DNA and RNA in high salt concentrations, BOOM’s leading performance is recognized in a number of papers and comparative evaluations*. bioMérieux's in-house expertise of this technology sets our extraction chemistry apart.
*For example, Rutjes et al. showed that with the miniMAG® “RNA levels increased at least 100 to 500 times” (Rutjes et al. , AEM,(71), 7, 2005, pp 3734-3740). Tang et al. showed that “miniMAG® produced the highest quantity of nucleic acids and the best precision amongst the three systems [tested]”. (Tang et al., JCM, (43), 9, 2005, pp4830-4833).
Our high affinity magnetic silica, combined with further optimization of the extraction buffers, significantly enhances the quality of the nucleic acid extraction.
- Very efficient washing & collection of magnetic silica
- Enhanced concentration with eluate volume as low as 25 μl
- Increased weight-to-volume ratio of new magnetic silica results in exceptional DNA/RNA recovery
- No use of ethanol or other organic solvents
- Highly effective removal of inhibitors
- Excellent purities as shown by OD260/OD280 ratio *
- No apparent degradation (see diagram*)
Move downstream efficiently
NUCLISENS® MINIMAG® conveniently fits in any lab. With a small footprint (43.8 x 11.4 x 15.3 cm’s), it can be used on a benchtop or in the hood. As a manual extractor, its smart design offers efficiency to move downstream fast:
- Use a single set of reagents to simultaneously process various sample types and volumes
- Specify different elution volumes within a single run
- Up to 12 extractions can performed with one instrument in less than 1h
- With 2 NUCLISENS® MINIMAG® units, 24 samples can be extracted in 90 minutes
- Eluate is ready for immediate use on downstream applications
Weight (uncrated) 3.6 kg (8 lbs)
Dimensions: Length 43.8 cm (17.25”) x Width 11.4 cm (4.5”) x Height 15.3 cm (6”)
Maximum 1000 μl
Operating Temperature: 4 to 45 °C
Power Requirement: 24 volts DC desktop switching
Power supply at:
Europe: 240 Volts AC 50/60Hz
USA and Canada: 110 Volts AC 60Hz
Consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability
SERVICE & SUPPORT
Examples of applications:
- Target: HIV-RNA,
- Sample Type: Plasma
- Target: HBV DNA
- Sample Type: Serum
- Target: Enterovirus RNA
- Sample Type: CSF, Stool, Throat swab
- Target: CMV mRNA
- Sample Type: Whole blood
- Target: Human mRNA (U1A)
- Sample Type: Sputum, Whole blood
- Target: Mycobacterium tuberculosis RNA
- Sample Type: Sputum
- Target: Mycobacterium tuberculosis DNA
- Sample Type: Sputum
- Target: Legionella pneumophila RNA
- Sample Type: Lung biopsy
- Target: Bordetella pertussis RNA
- Sample Type: Gargle
- Target: Mycoplasma pneumoniae RNA
- Sample Type: Gargle, Throat swab
NUCLISENS® MINIMAG® Publications
Ginocchio CC, Manji R, Lotlikar M, Zhang F. Clinical evaluation of NucliSENS® magnetic extraction and NucliSENS® analyte-specific reagents for real-time detection of human metapneumovirus in pediatric respiratory specimens. J Clin Microbiol. 2008 Apr;46(4):1274-80. Epub 2008 Feb 13.
Hallack R, Doherty LE, Wethers JA, Parker MM. Evaluation of dried blood spot specimens for HIV-1 drug-resistance testing using the Trugene HIV-1 genotyping assay. J Clin Virol. 2008 Apr;41(4):283-7. Epub 2008 Feb 20.
Loens K, Ursi D, Goossens H, Ieven M. Evaluation of the NucliSens® miniMAG® RNA extraction and real-time NASBA applications for the detection of Mycoplasma pneumoniae and Chlamydophila pneumoniae in throat swabs. J Microbiol Methods. 2008 Feb;72(2):217-9. Epub 2007 Nov 21.
Fihman V, Hannouche D, Bousson V, Bardin T, Lioté F, Raskine L, Riahi J, Sanson-Le Pors MJ, Berçot B. Improved diagnosis specificity in bone and joint infections using molecular techniques. J Infect. 2007 Oct 26. [Epub ahead of print]
Pachot A, Barbalat V, Marotte H, Diasparra J, Gouraud A, Mougin B, Miossec P. A rapid semi automated method for DNA extraction from dried-blood spots: application to the HLA-DR shared epitope analysis in rheumatoid arthritis. J Immunol Methods. 2007 Dec 1;328(1-2):220-5. Epub 2007 Sep 4.
Petrich A, Mahony J, Chong S, Broukhanski G, Gharabaghi F, Johnson G, Louie L, Luinstra K, Willey B, Akhaven P, Chui L, Jamieson F, Louie M, Mazzulli T, Tellier R, Smieja M, Cai W, Chernesky M, Richardson SE; Ontario Laboratory Working Group for the Rapid Diagnosis of Emerging Infections. Multicenter comparison of nucleic acid extraction methods for detection of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus RNA in stool specimens. J Clin Microbiol. 2006 Aug;44(8):2681-8.
Tang, Yi-Wei, Sefers, Susan E., Li, Haijing, Kohn, Debra J., Procop, Gary W. Comparative Evaluation of Three Commercial Systems for Nucleic Acid Extraction from Urine Specimens. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2005 43: 4830-4833
Rutjes SA, Italiaander R, van den Berg HH, Lodder WJ, de Roda Husman AM. Isolation and detection of enterovirus RNA from large-volume water samples by using the NucliSens miniMAG system and real-time nucleic acid sequence-based amplification. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005 Jul;71(7):3734-40.
Rutjes, Saskia A., Italiaander, Ronald, van den Berg, Harold H. J. L., Lodder, Willemijn J., de Roda Husman, Ana Maria. Isolation and Detection of Enterovirus RNA from Large-Volume Water Samples by Using the NucliSens miniMAG System and Real-Time Nucleic Acid Sequence-Based Amplification. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 2005 71: 3734-3740